Tips on How To Sell An Engagement Ring For The Best Price
Your Guide To Sell Your Engagement Ring For Maximum Value
Diamond Exchange Online would like to educate you on the ins-and-outs of the diamond buying business so you know exactly what to do when the time comes to sell your engagement ring. The goal when selling engagement rings should be to get the maximum cash value all while doing it in a safe and secure manner.
Diamond Exchange Online is operated by very experienced diamond buyers. located in Houston, TX. We have purchased 1000’s of engagement rings over the decades and can help you determine what is the best solution. different options that you might have available to you to get you a handsome payout. Selling an engagement ring can be very simple if you follow a few simple rules.
How Do I know What My Engagement Ring is Worth?
Whenever you want to sell an engagement ring you might not have any idea on where to start. The main thing that any diamond buyer or diamond dealer is going to look at to determine the value of your ring is the main diamond. The main diamond is what holds the majority of the value in an engagement ring. What shape, what size, and what quality the main diamond is will determine the majority of your cash value.
From being the top diamond buyers in the country and having bought thousands of engagement rings over the last decade, the experts at Diamond Exchange Online know how to properly access, appraise, and purchase diamond jewelry.
Where To Sell An Engagement Ring?
Nowadays you have many different options and tools to help you get paid when you want to sell jewelry. A simple Google search will give you plenty of places that will buy your jewelry. The goal of this article is to help you make a good decision that will result in the maximum payout for your engagement ring. Here are some options:
- Sell To A Local Jewelry Store- Some local jewelry stores buy engagement rings and some do not buy any jewelry. The best way to determine what a local jewelry store will pay will be to simply walk in there and tell them you would like to get an offer on your ring. You will not necessarily need any paperwork to do this option because it is the store’s duty as a diamond jewelry buyer to be able to grade the diamond ring on their own. It is best to shop around with several local diamond buyers to see who is paying the most.
- Sell To A Pawn Shop- When we work with customers we often hear that pawn stores can sometimes get a bad wrap when selling engagement rings and other types of jewelry. However, like local jewelry stores, each place will have a different amount to offer. Some pawn stores will offer more than others so it helps to shop around.
- Sell Yourself On Facebook, Craigslist, etc.- You can list your engagement ring for sale on several different websites and apps yourself. This is a possibility but selling diamonds and engagement rings is a very tricky industry that requires a lot of trust from all parties involved. We have all heard bad stories that happened to people who try to sell valuables to complete strangers online. Most of our clients will trust us to sell their items for them or just sell directly to us.
- Jewelry Consignment Option- Some companies including Diamond Exchange Online offer a jewelry consignment program to help sell your engagement ring for a small fee (Usually around 20%). Jewelry consignment will help customers who want to sell get maximum value, however, there is no exact timeframe for when your item might sell.
- Sell Engagement Ring Online- This is a diamond buying option that we offer at Diamond Exchange Online. Simply fill out our contact form or call us today to get more information. When you sell your engagement ring online we can give you estimates over the phone then prepaid insured shipping will be arranged. Once we inspect the engagement ring we will do a direct deposit into your bank account or we can send you a check.